Re: [AD] Changes to aWiki

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 13:50 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Monday 20 February 2006 13:42, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > AL_EVENT_SOURCE *events = al_get_display_event_source(display)
> >
> > But, something like al_flip_display probably should then be
> > al_flip_bitmap.
>
> Why?
> IMO, it doesn't make sense to `update' a BITMAP... the thing that gets updated
> is the thing the user gets to see, ie, the DISPLAY.

Well, with my AL_SURFACE, it should be clear how it is meant. You
actually update the surface part of the window, not the window (which
also is an event source, has a title bar, an associated mouse cursor,
icon, ..). What you really update is only the surface.

My view is based on how we could e.g. do things like OpenGL pbuffers. I
don't know too much about it myself, but they would have a complete
OpenGL context associated with it. And when drawing to them, you
probably also need to do a glFlush or whatever, when you are done.

So, of course a special BITMAP type should work as well, but I think,
the AL_SURFACE could be cleaner - especially when using the implicit
target surface.

--
Elias Pschernig