Re: [AD] Changes to aWiki

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 23:13 +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2006-02-20, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I think, in the original graphics API proposal, there is no clear
> > distinction between AL_DISPLAY and AL_BITMAP.
>
> Right, Bob and I disagreed on this.  I always thought of an AL_DISPLAY
> as a window: you can draw to it, yes, but you can also receive input
> from it, you can resize it, etc.  Bob probably thought it was okay if
> the difference between a display (bitmap) and a "normal" bitmap was not
> reflected in the types, but I wanted the distinction.

Ah, completely had forgotten about that.. so I assume, you would have
something like:

AL_EVENT_SOURCE *events = al_get_display_event_source(display)

But, something like al_flip_display probably should then be
al_flip_bitmap. Hm, ok, then my idea needs 3 structs, like here:

http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/Graphics2

AL_DISPLAY is a window.
AL_SURFACE is something you can render to (opposite of AL_EVENT_SOURCE
in a way).
AL_BITMAP is something you can blit.

--
Elias Pschernig