Re: [AD] proposing a new official .lib name for VC static CRT version

On 1/12/06, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2006-01-10, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, people would have to compile their add-ons the same way. That's
> > why I am suggesting a different name for the static runtime version.
> > As Allegro works now, two incompatible versions of the library are
> > built using the same library name.
>
> Different names for incompatible builds is a good idea.

Let's say I did this:

ifdef STATICRUNTIME
   VERSION := $(VERSION)_srt
endif

That would yield alleg_srt, alleg_s_srt, etc. (Rather ugly names, I
know.) Anyway, (regardless of the exact names chosen) this would
require that six new obj/msvc/$VERSION folders be created. Is there
any clean way of just doing a "mkdir" at the beginning of compile
versus shipping with twelve empty msvc obj folders?

--
Matthew Leverton