Re: [AD] This Allegro app can freeze under Windows 2000

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 14:38, Andrei Ellman wrote:
> I tried removing scare/unscare_mouse and the problem did not appear. I
> also tried nesting scare/unscare_mouse outside of the
> acquire/release_bitmap and the problem went away as well.

As expected. scare/unscare_mouse aren't drawing operations, but instead are
used to hide/show the mouse cursor, so shouldn't be used in the
acquire/release pair. Given that acquire_screen could have the timer thread
locked, anything that waits for the timer thread (including scare/unscare) to
do something will freeze the program indefinitely. Solution: Don't Do
That. ;)