Re: [AD] Inconsistent behaviour with mouse coordinates in different windowed modes in Windows.

Andrei Ellman wrote:

Victor wrote:

1. What is the version of your Allegro?

4.2.0 (20051015) (sometime after RC2 was released)

2. What is the type of your Windows?

Windows 2000

i hope you have the service packs.

3. Not sure, but i think that the mouse coordinates when outside the
window are undefined, but it could be better if they are defined to
something (like the last values). It would be nice too if we had a
function like "is_mouse_inside_window();".

In the GDIB mode, they are always the last values they were when the mouse was in the window. Is there a reason why they aren't in the DXWN mode, or have I found a bug? What about windowed modes on other platforms?

not 100% sure.. but i would think the mouse_x and mouse_y co-ords should always be the last (valid) values generated. regardless of which driver you use, that is to say all drivers should act the same.

I think you may have found a bug.

As to the is_mouse_inside_window() this can be done yourself with a little bit of code.
I can think of 99.9% of the code already in my head.
If you really need it, i can assist you in writing it, (it would be about 10 lines of code, and require 1 or 2 win32 functions).