RE: [AD] About 4.3

--- Vincent Penecherc'h <Vincent.Penecherch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Wholesale al_ prefixing is not going to happen, as we've said
> before.
> > Only the new API gets the al_ prefixes.
>
> Will there be al_ prefixed aliases though ?
> Kinda like the alcompat.h file ?

Sorry about the intromission, but in my humble opinion:

Some places really need the al_ prefix, to make it clear that is a
allegro function, macro or whatever or avoid conflicts with other
things, but if we prefix everything with _al the 4.3 API will look like
al_hungary_notation which is horrible. And this deprecates symbols
without any good reason ("we just decided rename it" isn't a good
reason).

Victor Williams Stafusa da Silva

http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html