RE: [AD] race condition in X11

> In short, avoid the software mouse drawer at all costs - Allegro's gfx
> system is made to only work from one single thread (just

I see.

Maybe a stupid idea, but since Allegro programs are supposed to be
calling poll_mouse, and that likely is in the main loop (as opposed to
the timer loop), and mouse coords will only be updated by that call,
not more often, why not draw the mouse in poll_mouse ?
Of course, that'd be relying on poll_mouse being called in that main
thread.
Also, when I read the docs after coming back to Allegro a few weeks
ago, I saw that OS cursors are not guaranteed. In particular, some
of my mouse cursors are full RGBA bitmaps (you can drag and drop your
inventory items), so one would still have to have a "legacy" mouse
path to avoid the no-mouse-on-screen problem, right ?
Or does Allegro have a fallback for this that takes care of possible
deadlocks ?

Thanks