RE: [AD] race condition in X11

> No program I know off calls poll_mouse, so it wouldn't help with
> existing code.

Oh really ? Damn. My game does. I read in the docs we're supposed
to do it, so.... :)

> Well, most games use some sort of buffering/flipping, so it's easy to
> simply draw the mouse cursor at a fixed point, and not use

Yes, I do this too, but IIRC the mouse was smoother if I also use the
show_mouse routine on the screen. I think I'm using a mixture of
things. I'll have to check I'm not doing anything braindead... It's
been a while since I wrote that code.