Re: [AD] Subversion

On 2005-11-01, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 12:26 +1100, Peter Wang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would really like to migrate to Subversion ASAP, after 4.2.0 is out.
> > The 4.3 source needs reorganising so that is it more obviously
> > stratified and modular.  Files need to be renamed and moved about but I
> > don't want to lose the histories doing that.  And hopefully SVN would be
> > smarter at merging after renames than CVS (anyone know?)
>
> A rename is handled like any other change to a file. So if you merge
> changes, and the changes include a file rename, also the file rename is
> merged. If you merge only over revisions which had no file rename, then
> you get no file name change.

I'm thinking of the situation where the 4.2.0 branch has a file called
src/something.c but in the new_api_branch it's been moved to
src/module/something.c.  I would like if changes to one could be merged
into the other, even though they no longer have the same path.

> Otherwise, I think we should ask for the Subversion beta.
>
> "If your project wishes to be considered for the
> Subversion beta, please submit a Confidential Support
> Request."
>
> Hm, how do you submit a Confidential request?

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=1&atid=596964

Which I got from here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1341005&group_id=1&atid=350001

Peter