Re: [AD] Subversion

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Elias Pschernig wrote:

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 21:03 +0100, Stepan Roh wrote:
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

About CVS -> SVN scripts, I hear that these are somewhat unreliable due to
the difference in how CVS and SVN work. I have no first hand experience
with them though, and I've only played with subversion very briefly (it's
not installed on our university network, but CVS is - so I decided to stick
with that for whatever software development I need to do here).

cvs2svn seems to be rather good. It was able to do a full conversion,
including the total history. Possibly metadata may have been lost or
modified, but the final svn tree was 100% complete as far as I could see.

You can also try SVN Importer (http://polarion.org/svnimporter.php) in
case cvs2svn is not enough.

Oh, btw, would your source browser be able to handle SVN?

Yes, after I replace one cvs call with one svn call :-)

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh