Re: [AD] Broken behaviour of al_findfirst.

On November 21, 2005 09:11 am, Vincent Penecherc'h wrote:
> > Anyhow, this is what I've bothered to put up on the wiki for
> > now, input is
> > more than welcome:
> > http://awiki.tomasu.org/bin/view/Main/ProposedVirtualFileSystem
>
> Adding mmap ability (if supported by the underlying filesystem object) ?
>
> Anyway, is it related to that filter code that was talked about
> some time ago ? While conceptually interesting, it seemed like a
> large lot of stuff for something like Allegro.

The STREAM handle can have a chain of filters attached, so I suppose its
similar in that way. But its more tuned to the "Filesystem" concept, than a
list of "filters".

> I can't quite see the overall picture with what you linked there,
> I guess the high level API would be nice to have a couple examples
> of to be able to comment more.

Yeah, I'm not 100% on what that'll look like, I had wanted to make it like
kde's or xine's URI system, ie: file://foo/bar.png loads foo/bar.png from the
local file system. /foo/bar.png or vfs://foo/bar.png loads it from the VFS.
And the difference between the local file system and the VFS, is that /
or /foo in the VFS can be "mounted" (like in unix) to any VFS supported file
system, ie: file:///usr/share/mygame/data or zip,file://foo/bar.zip.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom