Re: [AD] Exception Support for Allegro

Chris wrote:

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 01:14 am, Serge Semashko wrote:
Exceptions are C++, allegro is C, so I don't think it is a good idea.

Why not? People use Allegro with C++, people use C++ callbacks, but they can't throw exceptions from callbacks without the switch. As I understand the manual, it doesn't sacrifice any speed so the only things you get by not using it are a few saved bytes and users who can't throw C++ exceptions from callbacks.

Do all the compilers Allegro currently supports support exceptions in C as well? Would all the exception throwing have to be wrapped around an #ifdef/endif clause?