Re: [AD] OSX - About dialog

On Friday 14 October 2005 00:37, Chris wrote:
> Personally, I think this should wait until a suitable method can be
made/found
> for other platforms. I don't think it'd be nice if OSX application
bundles
> only get an About dialog, and all the other platforms have to roll their
own
> method.

There is a difference though: there's no standard way for an Allegro
application to have an `about' dialog in Windows (since it has no menu
bar) or X11 (same).

> Might as well make the app OSX specific and call the function
> directly, and thus not need it in Allegro.

Well, that's true, but I hate people limiting their code to one platform...

It seems innocent enough, but I think it smells too much like feature
creep. How about making it a MacOS X-specific example?

Evert