Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0: The Final Frontier

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 22:20 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:

> Please all quadruple check and comment on broken things and we'll hopefully
> go gold next week.

I logged into the SF compile farm, and can confirm that the .tar.gz
builds on the following hosts:

x86-linux1

x86-linux2

x86-freebsd1 - for some reason, it didn't detect pthreads though

x86-openbsd1

amd64-linux2

usf-cf-alpha-linux-1

openpower-linux1

sparc-solaris1 - i had to replace sinf, tanf, atanf in test.c though,
 and "make install" stopped with
"
Installing lib/unix/liballeg-4.2.0.so
to /home/users/e/el/elias/sparc-solaris1/local/lib
/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `;' unexpected
"

The following didn't work:

x86-netbsd1 - errors about pthreads, then with the signals version
 errors about X11, so I gave up

My guess is, something is broken at SF.

x86-solaris1 - asm code wouldn't compile, and the C only version tried
 to compile some dga2 asm, without asm and dga it choked because there
 was no "ar" command - so I gave up

Well, no "ar", so I guess again, broken install at SF. (And DGA will
hopefully be gone after 4.2.0, so no need to investigate.)

ppc-osx1 - unix version
 linker failed with "/usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -h"

Not sure about that. The -h sets the "internal DT_SONAME", seems that's
not supported by the ld version on SF. Nobody is using the OSX X11
version anyway I guess.

ppc-osx1 - "fix.sh macosx" version
 had to edit makefile.osx to rename "gcc" into "cc" to get it to run at
 all, then it stopped somewhere with
 "src/macosx/cadigi.m:34: undefined type, found `AUGraph'"

Well, since we know it works on OSX, it must be a broken OSX install on
SF. It's unfortunate though, it means SF can't be used to create OSX
binaries.

--
Elias Pschernig