Re: [AD] Arabic numerals

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 09:59 +0100, Peter Hull wrote:
> Is anyone else getting Arabic numerals in some messages from [AD]? Here
> is an example (attached)
> When I look at the mail headers, I see
> which is indeed an Arabic encoding. The messages affected seem to have
> all come from Evert but not all his messages are like this. Does anyone
> else see this?

They identify with that charset here as well, but it doesn't fully
explain what you get. Here's the encoding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-6

But the text in your screenshot just has this (when viewing the raw
mailbox in a hex editor):

"On Sunday 25 September 2005 17:32, Milan Mimica wrote:
> Oh, indeed. I didn't notice this function. This patch can also be
ignored."

So even as ISO 8859-6 the digits shouldn't change to anything else.

--
Elias Pschernig