Re: [AD] Re: file_select_ex patch

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 02:45 am, Michal Molhanec wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > and if you used ";/-r", there is no point in showing a read-only
> > directory (since all the files in it will be read-only, which you don't
> > want).
>
> this is definitely not true on DOS/Windows

Well, we all know how good DOS/Windows's file security is ;)

> (and on linux I think
> readonly dir means that you just cannot create/delete/rename new files
> but you can edit existing)

Apparently. But only if you have those permissions for an existing file in
that directory. It'd be quite an odd setup to have a directory marked as
read-only to you, but have (some of) its contents read/writeable. Besides,
the directory is marked read-only so why would you want it listed when you
otherwise want read/write capabilities? If worse comes to worse, you can do
the same as a hidden directory.. type in the name manually and hit enter.