Re: [AD] Re: file_select_ex patch

Chris wrote:
On Tuesday 13 September 2005 02:45 am, Michal Molhanec wrote:

Chris wrote:

and if you used ";/-r", there is no point in showing a read-only
directory (since all the files in it will be read-only, which you don't
want).

this is definitely not true on DOS/Windows

Well, we all know how good DOS/Windows's file security is ;)

this isn't argument (and I don't see how is this related to security)

I wonder -- if you need such behaviour -- why don't you extend the syntax, e.g. ";/-r/-r" would mean non-readonly files and non-readonly directories etc.

anyway, I'm strictly against the original patch for DOS/Windows platforms as readonly flag for directories on them is meaningless so no behaviour should be based on it

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750