Re: [AD] TRACEs in xkeyboard.c

On 2005-09-22, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But since all other parts of Allegro have almost no runtime
> information at all, and we have no way to have different debug
> classes and levels (something we should add after 4.2), and user
> code also might use TRACE and allegro.log, I wonder if those
> TRACE calls should be removed for 4.2.0..

More should be added to the rest of the code. Information on error
return paths during a call to set_gfx_mode(GFX_AUTODETECT,...) would
be very handy to understand why a user has compiled support for
three drivers yet none of them works and allegro_error stores only
the last message, which tends to be useless.

The same could be applied to all Windows sound drivers to find
out about Win98 sound problems/hangs and why DIGI_AUTODETECT isn't
good enough.

Yes, TRACE doesn't support levels or "classes", but it would be
as easy as prefixing all internal TRACEs with "alleg: " so you can
grep it out from the log if a developer is using it too for himself.