Re: [AD] Screen destruction documentation update

On 2005-09-12, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The problem with that, as I argued before, is that you loose
> > quotes for text browsers, and since that's the only thing for
> > text browsers, you are degrading the content. IIRC I did a test
> > with <q> and the result looked not too bad for both types of
> > browsers, but that's abusing the semantics of the HTML spec.
>
> I'd just use ", it's what most HTML pages do.

Ok, I have no real arguments about quoting. In fact, what Michal says
is true.  I guess that's the reason Debian has started to use chars
171 («) and 187 (») for quoting, but that's just latin1 charset.
I'll submit later a patch that uses " in HTML output.

> I would only use " for quting. The * and _ I'm not sure, but we
> should have one consistent way. E.g. always <b>bold</b> or always
> *bold*, but not mixed.

I agree, and I'm looking at you, pandora opener! Hehe.