Re: [AD] Screen destruction documentation update

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 11:49 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> Ok, let's see if I can get through this time...
>
> > I find those quotes horrible, probably because I'm used to '' from C
> > coding, and because I have no ` on my keyboard.
> >
> > Can we get rid of any ` at least for the new makedoc?
>
> We will want `...' for LaTeX output, and I personally prefer them for plain
> text as well. Unless you can come up with a reliable way to change '...'
> to `...' when needed, I think we should just leave it as is.

That should be the job of makedoc.. forcing something onto the user
format since one output format requires it certainly is a bad idea :)

Besides, it makes the HTML and text output look ugly. The problem is, at
least here, it doesn't look like:

\\ text //

but like:

\\ text ||