Re: [AD] Finishing up 4.2 for RC1

On 8/4/05, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - configure/OSS detection problems on Solaris

OSS installs into /usr/lib/oss by default on Solaris. It's easy enough
to get around when building Allegro by doing:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/lib/oss/include" ./configure ...

And then again during make...

> Needs to be done, but I think it was clear how to fix this even if there
> wasn't a full patch.

> - OSS requires -lossaudio in OpenBSD
> - OSS MIDI doesn't work on OpenBSD; make it work or fix detection in
> aclocal.m4

I'm happy to report that on Solaris neither of these are a problem.

The only "big" issue left with Allegro that I know of, is that it's
very unfriendly to compilers other than GCC. This shouldn't hold up
release, but I do plan on sending patches in to make it possible to
build Allegro with SUN's compiler now that it's free to OpenSolaris
community members for commercial / private / whatever use.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
binarycrusader@xxxxxxxxxx - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/