Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC2

On 2005-08-29, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2005-08-29, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Great!  Once we have done the full release we can take advantage of
> > the SF.net mirroring network but for now it may be easiest for the
> > official site to just point to a.cc for the binaries.  Is that ok?
>
> Once you make a release, everything is done. I wonder if you can
> avoid using SF's mirroring network...

I mean, I don't want to redownload Matthew's files from a.cc and
reupload them to SF.net.

> > Yep, I agree.  Let's forget about it.  I've been thinking about
> > dropping the patch, SRPM and -enduser.tar.gz packages as well,
> > but maybe I have had fast internet for too long.
>
> Isn't SRPM like enduser but "automatic" for RedHat-alike
> distros?

Kind of.  But AFAIK you can build RPMs from the tarball as well.
Something like rpmbuild -ta allegro-blah.tar.gz, but I haven't tried it
recently.

For the diffs: ok, we'll keep making them.  It's fully automated, and
the upload is relatively small.

Peter