Re: [AD] MSVC 8 cl flags

On 8/19/05, Michal Molhanec <michal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Matthew Leverton wrote:
> > Second, tons of standard things are deprecated. To suppress those
> > warnings, the "/wd4996" switch should be used. However, it is not
> > present on MSVC6, so it can only be added on the MSVC7 and later
> > targets.
>
> Wouldn't be better to define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE ?

I just suggested /wd4996 because I knew it worked. If there is a
better way of doing it, then I'm all for it. I didn't mean to suggest
to disable the warnings whenever someone used Allegro, but only when
Allegro was built. If people try to compile Allegro with MSVC 8 they
will probably think it failed, because of all the warnings. For some
reason, people think warnings = didn't work. :P

If people want to disable the warnings when using Allegro on their own
project, then it should be up to them to do that.

--
Matthew Leverton