Re: [AD] new makedoc tool

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 22:14 +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-07-03, Peter Wang <tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > How does the future path look? I guess, allegro._tx (and all the
> > > other ._tx) can be moved from the 4.3.x branch to the makedoc
> > > module or a separate docs module.
> >
> > Any reason?
> >
> > I'd like to hear what Grzegorz has to say, if he's listening.
>
> I would understand moving makedoc to a separate module if its size
> represented a problem for end user distribution. But with people
> wanting pregenerated docs, that doesn't seem to be an issue for a
> few source files.

Ah, so you're back! I thought you're still away so did that speedhack
link update (and also moved the wiki link). Will leave these things to
you now again :)

About the docs, I was only wondering where to leave the source.. a
separate CVS module seems somehow cleaner, different people can have CVS
access to it than to the main code, and so on. But it's mostly a
technical issue, really doesn't matter much I guess.

My idea about the 4.3.x distributions is:
- Ship them with pregenerated HTML, man and text docs.
- Post updated other formats on the website along with releases.

--
Elias Pschernig