Re: [AD] namespace conflict with curses

May I ask why you are using Allegro and curses at the same time? I dont disagree that Allegro should not cause namespace problems with other libraries, but it seems strange to use a text-mode "graphics" library with a real graphics library.

Peter Wang wrote:

`hline' and `vline' are in conflict with the curses API.  How should we
fix this?

- We could handle it in the same way as we did for `clear'.  We give new
 names to `hline' and `vline' and put in aliases in alcompat.h, which
 can be switched off by #define ALLEGRO_NO_HVLINE_ALIAS.

- We could do the same as the previous option, but NOT use the gcc
 deprecation warnings.  Neither the old names nor the new names would
 be preferred, but the old names could be disabled.

- We could keep hline/vline as the "official" functions (what is listed
 in the documentation), but internally rename them to something like
 allegro_hline.  Again the hline/vline wrappers would have to be
 disable-able.

Peter