Re: [AD] namespace conflict with curses

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 23:18, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On August 16, 2005 12:38 pm, guilt wrote:
> > How about AL_BITMAP so that we can avoid clashes with wingdi.h ?? We
could
> > also internally alias AL_BITMAP to BITMAP or so, to give backward
> > compatibility... Incidentally we were having a discussion in #allegro
about
> > this today...
> >

> Allegro had it first, if someone should do the fixing, its Microsoft ;)

Actually, I think this can be argued about because it isn't very clear how
old Allegro 1.0 is.

> But really, it will be done, just not for 4.2.

And with that, Thomas hit the nail on the head: BITMAP will be AL_BITMAP in
4.3 (except in the compatibility layer, of course) and not before.
If you insist on an ugly hack-around, do #define BITMAP AL_BITMAP/#include
<allegro.h>/#undef BITMAP. Should work as far as I know.

I think we should follow the same policy when it comes to hline() and
vline() at this stage in 4.2 development, even if that is less easy to
hack around.

Evert