Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-1254999 ] Screen gets turned off until reboot (DGA+ATI only?)

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 01:16 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 00:38, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > As a result of this bug-report, I think we should apply the attached
> > patch, which simply disables auto-detection of the DGA driver, for
> > 4.2.0.
>
> Hmm... last time I tried, it worked fine for me.
> I'm not sure I like disabling autodetect support for it: in that way, it
> will probably never be used at all. On the other hand, it's probably
> little used as it stands, and we would replace it with OpenGL anyway,
> right?

As was pointed out, DGA is deprecated, so chances are it will not be
present in future versions of X11 anyway. And currently, you need a lot
of luck to pick a driver for which it works at all or works without
problems.

It will still be used just as much as now.. you simply have to change
your allegro.cfg to select it now, additionally to just running as root.

--
Elias Pschernig