[AD] msvc7 vs new_api_branch

my adventures with MSVC7 and new_api_branch...

most of the following is because MSVC7 is apparently not C99.

-----------

1. MSVC7 doesn't seem to have a stdbool.h file.
 after advice on #allegro, the suggested solution was this

/new_branch_api/include/allegro/base.h

41:  #ifdef __cplusplus
42:    #define AL_BEGIN_EXTERN_C	extern "C" {
43:    #define AL_END_EXTERN_C	}
44: #else  /* C */
	#ifndef _MSC_VER
		#include <stdbool.h>
	#else
		typedef char bool;
		#define false 0
		#define true (!false)
	#endif
//   #include <stdbool.h>
   /* Account for broken stdbool.h headers.  We need sizeof(bool) on C
    * to be the same as sizeof(bool) on C++, i.e. one byte.
    */
// #undef bool
//   #define bool unsigned char

which worked. i'd like to see it added, however I am sure its still not going to make anyone happy polluting the base.h with msvc specific #ifdef's

-----------------

2. the /src/compat  files where not part of the dependancies
so i added the /src/compat/*.c to the first line of dependancy generation code in makefile.vc about line 445.

------------------

3. another stdbool.h missing header, after advice on #allegro was suggested i remove that line completely. which fixed the problem.

obj/msvc/runner.exe C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~1.NET/VC7/bin/cl @ -nologo -DALLEGRO_STATICLINK -DALLEGRO_SRC -DDEBUGMODE=1 -W1 -Gd -
Zi -MDd -I. -I./include -Foobj/msvc/alld_s/vector.obj -c src/misc/vector.c
vector.c
src\misc\vector.c(28) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdbool.h': No such file or directory
make: *** [obj/msvc/alld_s/vector.obj] Error 2

4. src\compat\cokeybd.c(518) : error C2065: '__func__' : undeclared identifier

MSVC7 has a __FUNCTION__  macro, so somewhere we could
#define __func__ __FUNCTION__
but where?

/include/allegro/platform/aintwin.h

worked for me, perhaps the other msvc7/c99 lacking definitons i described above could also go in that header too.