Re: [AD] set_config_file jumping around on OS X bundles

On Sunday 21 August 2005 13:18, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Yes, I think we should update the docs and disallow it before
> allegro_init. At some point it was changed to allow it before, but from
> my experience, that also is broken under linux:
>
>    /* Special case when allegro_init has not been called yet. */
>    if (!system_driver) {
>       set_config(config, NULL, 0, savefile);
>       return;
>    }
>
> The above was added to allow it before allegro_init - but I don't see
> the purpose.. it completely ignores the filename you pass and sets an
> empty config. So, it never does what you want. Or maybe I misunderstand?

The purpose (IIRC) was that Allegro would always read from allegro.cfg,
even if a game specified its own config file instead.
So
set_config_file("mygamesconfigfile.cfg");
allegro_init();
would not be allowed while
allegro_init();
set_config_file("mygamesconfigfile.cfg");
caused Allegro to still read some things from allegro.cfg. That's what I
remember the problem being though, but I could have misrembered the
details.

Evert