Re: [AD] msvc7 vs new_api_branch

> I'd rather not define any more macros than necessary, especially where
> there is only one use of it so far.  If __FUNCTION__ works we should
> just use it.

Problem is that it isn't guarenteed to work, even if you're using GCC! It
didn't work on Solaris when I checked it last and it may not work on
FreeBSD either.
I definitely think we should stick to doing the C99 thing and try to get
MSVC to accept it through defines rather than doing things the other way
around.

Evert