Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-1254999 ] Screen gets turned off until reboot (DGA+ATI only?)

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 20:22 +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-08-20, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As was pointed out, DGA is deprecated, so chances are it will
> > not be present in future versions of X11 anyway. And currently,
> > you need a lot of luck to pick a driver for which it works at
> > all or works without problems.
> >
> > It will still be used just as much as now.. you simply have to
> > change your allegro.cfg to select it now, additionally to just
> > running as root.
>
> So now SVGAlib is disabled, DGA and fbdev are not autodetected... I
> wonder if there are any more drivers we should "loose".

If there is any other besides X11 which is still left, we probably
should make it non autodetect.

Or alternatively, find a way to detect if X11 is running, and never try
to set a non-X11 driver from inside X11. It just calls for trouble.

--
Elias Pschernig