Re: [AD] Menus not honoring gui screen

On Sunday 21 August 2005 11:23 am, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> It simply would mean, the parameter to show_mouse is an on/off
> parameter. Pass screen to show it, NULL to hide it. Other bitmaps are
> disallowed.

What about other video bitmaps? If you're using page flipping, with no
hardware cursor, and a GUI pops up on a non-main-screen page, you'll want to
show it on that video bitmap.

I believe it would be better to have the docs say that using it on non-video
bitmaps is dangerous and deprecated (due to the async drawing and that
there's no mutex's in place), and showing it on a non-visible buffer is just
wasteful.