Re: [AD] Preparing for RC2

On Saturday 27 August 2005 12:02 am, Victor wrote:
> No please! I ALWAYS show the mouse in memory bitmaps. With this technic
> is easy to avoid flickering in cases where i don't care with
> performance. And  when drawing the mouse in memory bitmaps i can easily
> create some effects like multiple mouse cursors moving synchrounous
> (for a game). Or create a mouse pointer in a moving bitmap.

It'd be better to just use
draw_sprite(memory_bmp, mouse_sprite, mouse_x, mouse_y);
before blitting to the screen. Showing the mouse on a memory bitmap causes the
mouse to be drawn to it over and over and over again where it'll never be
seen, and if you try to draw to the bitmap at the same time as the mouse
timer, you'll get undefinable behavior (mouse droppings and/or incomplete
draws).