Re: [AD] The Grabber: Alerts, Buttons, and Help

On 7/31/05, Elias Pschernig <allefant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > And attached is a third patch for the location of "grabber.txt".
> > Apparently, not many people actually use the grabber's help system,
> > but it doesn't matter now; the fix is simple.
>
> Maybe can change it so instead of a define, the path is read out of
> allegro.cfg, since it will likely be different for different
> platforms. (The real solution would be those path functions I
> mentioend in another thread.. but since we won't have them in 4.2.0, a
> config setting might be good enough.)

Yeah, the path functions are the right solution...

I see a problem with using allegro.cfg, though:  It's not possible to
automatically set the config variable based upon the platform (AFAIK).
 The first alternative that comes to mind is the usual chain starting
with #ifdef ALLEGRO_DOS... How would that unfold for each platform?

This is such a small problem, it seems not worth discussing.  On the
other hand, everything nook and cranny deserves polish for the 4.2
release.

  - Grady