Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2.0 RC1 timetable

On June 4, 2005 08:50 am, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 08:39 -0600, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > On June 4, 2005 01:46 am, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > > Let's see if I don't forget anything that still needs to be done:
> >
> > Someone on #allegro gave entheh and I a brilliant Idea, making it easier
> > for people to chain a builtin datafile object onto a custom one:
> >
> > create_myobj(...) {
> > 	BITMAP *bmp = load_bitmap_object(...);
> > 	/* ...wooo... */
> > }

> > register_datafile_object(DAT_BITMAP, create_myobj, ...);
>
> So basically, the internal datafile loading functions are made public,
> so you can reuse them in your own datafile loader functions. Sounds
> quite useful. Only, what speaks against:
>
> dat = load_datafile("my.dat");
> while (dat[i].type != DAT_END)
> {
>    dat[i].dat = create_myobj(dat[i].dat);
> }
>
> To me, this seems less confusing than registering your own handlers..
> but well, that may just be me.

Who knows ;)

But someone may also want to use the builtin functions multiple times in a
single custom object, say storing all of the frames of an animation in
sequence, in a single object, instead of cluttering up the datafile.

I'm sure theres other way it can be used as well.

But it no skin off my back if it doesnt go in. I was bored. ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx