Re: [AD] [ alleg-Bugs-1223257 ] Mac OSX allegro will not read config files

Elias Pschernig wrote:
On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 20:56 +0100, Peter Hull wrote:

I don't think this is a bug. From my interpretation of the documentation, Allegro will search various paths, including the executable directory, _only_ for the allegro.cfg file. If you specify your own config file, as exconfig does, it will look in the place that you specified, so if you gave it a path-less filename, it will look in the current directory only.

I don't believe so. It's been my understanding that it'd look at the path relative to the executable's directory. So if you run ./examples/exconfig and set custom.cfg, it'd try to read ./examples/custom.cfg. The docs could further imply it'd also search the ALLEGRO environment var (thus ${ALLEGRO}/custom.cfg) and /etc in Unix (thus /etc/custom.cfg).

It depends on how you read the manual. To me it sounds like it says "Specifies an alternate config file, or if you don't specify a config file, it'll use allegro.cfg. Furthermore, it'll look for the file in the same directory as the program, the Allegro environment variable, etc..."