Re: [AD] First batch of doc changes

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 15:17 +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

> I think the "last" bit is necessary because set_gfx_mode() has a
> bad habit of garbling allegro_error while trying different graphic
> modes. In fact, I remember one proposal to make some sort of
> ring buffer with a few last error messages or something like that.
> Hmmm... not that this really matters that much, a real abort_on_error
> would possibly check that allegro_error is not empty and empty it
> after reporting the error. Too much work for a small example I guess.

Better would be a better logging mechanism, someone wanted to do that
some time ago.. but soon enough if we do it in 4.3 - I'd simply add a
lot more logging, and you can then filter the log messages on a per-file
or maybe class basis. Like, if you set the ALLEGRO_LOG environment
variable to LOG_GRAPHICS, and run the debug version, it would write all
the log messages from the gfx subsystem to the log file.

--
Elias Pschernig