Re: [AD] Patch for the documentation of polygon_z_normal()

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 18:42 +0200, Andrei Ellman wrote:

> > The trouble is that back-face culling requires you to know where your
> > geometry is in screen-space. You can't just use clip space / eye space
> > for this, or you'll either miss faces that could be back-face culled, or
> > you'll cull too many faces.
>

> So shall we just stick to the polygon_z_normal() method and agree that
> back-face culling in camera space is a concept that's too complicated
> for the basic Allegro package?

Hm, well, what else does it do besides a dot product of normal vector
and position? It sounds simple enough to me.. and Allegro's projection
is fixed to 90 degree horizontal and vertical FOV and 1 unit distance
from the view plane, so *I think* it always will be correct.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>