Re: [AD] ModeX fix

Elias Pschernig wrote:
I can water down the patch to not rename the function if that is going too far, but I vastly prefer the current version (obviously).

I don't think the name should be changed. Especially since it doesn't seem the function can return a failure code, it'll give the false impression that any screen can be split. By leaving the name alone, it removes the ambiguity that it's for Mode-X only.

Thinking about it again, I'd rather put the uses of it between #ifdef
ALLEGRO_DOS, and not make it available at all on other platforms. That
also conforms to the docs who have it in the DOS specifics.

But Mode-X is also available on Linux and other VGA-capable Unix systems, isn't it? I'm not sure about making the function itself DOS-only since it's been available all this time. It'll really depend on how many programs use it though.. I definitely don't want to *encourage* its use, but it does *have* use.