Re: [AD] grabber in beta 3 vs beta 2

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 17:35 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:

> Now for the tricky part. Have a look at tools/plugins/datfont.c, line 647.
> It deals with 32 bit true colour fonts, which have a reported colourdepth
> of -32. I don't know how this would end up as 255 (or -1) in the datafile,
> but it's the only thing I can think of right now. I'd imagine the fix
> would be to simply store it as `32', because that's the depth of the image
> that has to be created. Not sure how to easily read back the alpha channel
> in that case.

Hm, I don't see how it ever could be -32, a bitmap surely never will
have -32 as depth. (And yes, it still shouldn't get -1, since -32 in
binary would be 11100000.) Something looks wrong here..

> If the font in this case is not supposed to be 32 bit with alpha channel,
> then this probably has nothing to do with anything and I don't know what
> to do.

So fonts with alpha channel are supported?

Anyway, according to this: "Property DATE (16 bytes): 7-01-1999, 17:58",
the datafile was written with a rather ancient version of Allegro.
Still, it already uses the "new" font format introduced after 3.12.

--
Elias Pschernig