Re: [AD] key scan codes have changed?

Elias Pschernig:
>> the two Alt keys produce different results when combined with other keys.
>>
>> one of the Alt keys  produces a readkey() event.

> Which one? The key labelled VK_RMENU here is always reported together
> with the control flag (by windows), the key VK_LMENU is the left alt
> key and reported as only the alt flag. I don't think there's much
> point special casing this and "fixing" what windows reports..

Not entirely sure this is relevant to your discussion, but just in case...

Some of us actually have Alt keys that are supposed to behave differently.
The right Alt key on my Norwegian keyboard is actually called "Alt Ground"
and is used to output printable characters.

--
Daniel Schlyder
http://bitblaze.com/