Re: [AD] No need for END_OF_MAIN (Windows)

Peter Wang wrote:
I mean that liballeg.so should not be referencing missing symbols that
have to be supplied by the user.  It's a pain to load liballeg.so
dynamically if you have to provide a _mangled_main to be resolved.
Moving the definition of main()/WinMain() to, say, a libalmain.a would
get rid of this missing reference, at the cost requiring most users to
have to link with -lalleg -lalmain instead of -lalleg (IMHO not a big
deal, and we will probably need to break the build system post-4.2
anyway in order to allow 4.2 and later versions of the library to be
installed simultaneously).

Yes, this is what SDL does. I find it rather ugly and beginners unfriendly :-)

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750