Re: [AD] [TODO] Accessor functions for global variables

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 14:40, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Yes, all versions after 4.2.x will have no more globals.

Small nit - it ideally will have no globals and if there are any you
shouldn't have to use them. I'm not sure if we can completely eliminate
them.
It will be a while before it actually gets to that state anyway though, so
early 4.3 versions are bound to have a lot of globals still. Heck, they
won't even have a completely rewritten API.

> If you are talking about Allegro 4.2.0 - then I guess it is too late,
> it's about to be released. But then, some getter functions hardly can
> break anything, so personally, I wouldn't mind. It would have no effect
> on the things already tested in the 3 betas, and getter functions don't
> need testing.

I wouldn't mind but for the fact that we can continue to add small things
that can't break anything ad infinitum. We need to draw the line somewhere
and move on, and I think this falls on the wrong side of that line.
Unfortunately.

Evert