Re: [AD] compiling without asm

Jon Rafkind wrote:

I just noticed that with 4.2.0 beta( and I think cvs ) that ./configure --with-asm=no will try to compile src/i386/icsprite.c.

You need to run `make depend' after configure.

Another question, maybe should be another email, but is this the option I would use to not produce a liballeg_unsharable.a file? For those unaware I produced scheme bindings to SDL but finally convinced my professors that Allegro has more functionality so we should use that.

Great!

Having a statically linked .a file is problematic for the way the scheme system works, though, so Id really like to get rid of it. Can it go away in the future by default?

Maybe. See the discussions between Sam Hocevar and Eric Botcazou in the archives. With the C-only version it ought to be possible.

Peter