Re: [AD] Cross-compiling, and related outstanding issues

On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 12:17 -0700, Chris wrote:
> Peter Wang wrote:
> > Chris wrote:
> >
> >> So, to recap, it seems these were missing in the dependancy chain:
> >> obj/mingw32/asmcapa.h
> >> obj/mingw32/asmdef.inc
> >> obj/mingw32/plugins.h
> >
> > xmake.sh depend :-)
>
> Why isn't make depend called in the normal process of make?
> $(LIB_NAME): $(OBJECTS) $(RUNNER)
> $(LIB_NAME): depend $(OBJECTS) $(RUNNER)
>
> With as much as I see the asmcapa.h error, and that I don't know of
> anything else that I've gotten from CVS that I've had to run such a
> thing, shouldn't it be automatic?

But when should it be run? It takes much too long to run it everytime
you run make. And in distributions, it already was run.

A proper solution to this would be switching to automake.. but then, I
was today playing around a bit with automake, and it doesn't seem to
make things much easier - just maybe a tiny bit :|

--
Elias Pschernig