Re: [AD] docs patch msvc7

> > <li>
> >    TARGET_ARCH_EXCL=[opts] (MSVC only)<br>
> >    This option allows you to optimize exclusively for a given
> architecture.
> >    Pass B to optimize for a PentiumPro or 7 to optimize for Pentium 4.
> Note
>

> 7 for Pentium4/AthlonXP

Ok, I'll fix that. Dod you know of any other optimization switches you can
pass there?

> with only passing 7 and not -G7 doesn't make sense when trying to pass
> "7 -arch:SSE2"
> as the only place that makes sense to put the -arch:SSE2 is on the
> TARGET_ARCH_EXCL also.

As I said, I would prefer if you could just say `TARGET_ARCH_EXCL=pentium4'
and have it imply, say, SSE. I suspect that can probably be done with a
couple of ifs in the makefile.
For passing explicit options to the compiler, CFLAGS should be passed on
the make commandline.

Evert