Re: [AD] docs patch msvc7

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
<li>
  TARGET_ARCH_EXCL=[opts] (MSVC only)<br>
  This option allows you to optimize exclusively for a given

architecture.

  Pass B to optimize for a PentiumPro or 7 to optimize for Pentium 4.

Note

7 for Pentium4/AthlonXP

Ok, I'll fix that. Dod you know of any other optimization switches you can
pass there?

with only passing 7 and not -G7 doesn't make sense when trying to pass
"7 -arch:SSE2"
as the only place that makes sense to put the -arch:SSE2 is on the
TARGET_ARCH_EXCL also.

As I said, I would prefer if you could just say `TARGET_ARCH_EXCL=pentium4'
and have it imply, say, SSE. I suspect that can probably be done with a

7 is for P4/AthlonXP, but SSE2 is only available on p4, so 7 can not imply sse2, only sse1 , but for p4 specific (non-athlon) you might want sse2.

couple of ifs in the makefile.
For passing explicit options to the compiler, CFLAGS should be passed on
the make commandline.

that does not seem to be the logical place to pass architecture exclusive commands... (like -arch:SSE2)