Re: [AD] Building Allegro for MSVC using the latest Cygwin is broken

On Saturday 05 March 2005 14:07, Andrei Ellman wrote:
> The latest version of Cygwin comes with a 'coreutils' package that
> contains a program called 'link'. This clashes with MSVC's link.exe, so
> that whenever the 4.1.18 WIP build-process is linking something, it
> calls the wrong program.

You should probably move the Cygwin directory to the end of teh search path
so that it is searched after the MSVC directory. Of course, in that case
make may inadvertently refer to Microsoft's make, so it may be better to
rename Cygin's link.exe during the course of compiling Allegro.
Maybe we should put a note about this in the docs?

Evert