Re: [AD] Allegro for WinCE ?

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 19:44, Lennart Steinke wrote:
> If I were considering to do a "Windows Mobile" port of allegro,
> how would I start?

I think you should start by looking at what vtables need to be filled in.
Off the top of my head, you'd want at least the graphics drivers, sound,
keyboard, mouse and system drivers.
Simply filling in the vtables and making sure the compiler picks the code
from there and the `common' portion of Allegro should be enough.
That said - mobile devices are probably memory poor compared to a PC,
right? In that case, you may not want to use the vtables at all and it may
be a better idea to simply write a completely seperate port from scratch,
recreating the Allegro API. I have no experienec with mobile devices
though, so I could be way off here.

> (BTW, I posted this before as well as another mail regarding getter
> function -
> none of this made it to the list - so I was wondering if a delay of
> several hours is normal?)

As others have said, yes. Messages will also arrive in random order, so I
sometimes get to see entire conversations backward. It' usually ok for me
most of the time though.

Evert