Re: [AD] X hardware cursors fix

Elias Pschernig wrote:

Any thought on the show_os_cursor i posted some days ago?

I think something like it is probably needed, but not sure about the semantics. Didn't look at it that much yet.

Oh, and I'm more and more wondering about the rationale behind using
gfx_capabilities for the mouse flags.. it's the moue driver after all
who has the hardware cursor methods, not the gfx driver.

Actually, it's the other way around (or should be).

I don't like gfx_capabilities & GFX_SYSTEM_CURSOR though. "Capabilities" should be about the gfx driver's potential, not what it is doing at present. Of course, gfx_capabilities & GFX_CAN_TRIPLE_BUFFER and gfx_capabilities & GFX_HW_CURSOR violate this already.

Peter